Our sustainable procurement program
Marel’s sustainable procurement program focuses on energy, waste management, transportation, health and safety, and social conduct in our manufacturing locations. As well as in our partnerships with suppliers globally.
We look to build awareness and capacity around compliance and sustainability within our teams. This includes:
- Incorporating sustainability into our procurement processes;
- Treating information and cyber security risks in our supply chain as a priority; and
- Developing partnerships with academia and consultancies.
Through our reporting and data collection, we create transparency around our supply chain and our emissions. Our annual ESG report is an exemplar of our commitment to transparent and frequent disclosure on our impact and ESG performance. We have ambitions to:
- Improve our sustainability rating each year;
- Remain transparent about energy and water consumption, as well as waste management and recycling in our manufacturing locations; and
- Report on emissions resulting from the goods we purchase.
Further, sustainable operations management means striving to transform our own facilities. To meet that goal, we:
- Strive to use green electricity at all our manufacturing locations;
- Implement waste management improvement programs and aim to maximize recycling;
- Mitigate harmful emissions to water that result from our production processes; and
- Make conscientious transportation decisions to avoid unnecessary emissions from logistics.
Supplier engagement is key to our sustainable procurement program. We require that suppliers provide insights into environmental and societal risks for which they are directly or indirectly responsible. We expect our key suppliers and development partners to be EcoVadis rated; and work with Marel to define improvements that can be made to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from our products during production, use, and end-of life.