Skinned feet are conveyed by a screw conveyor to the end of the Feet Chiller. The feet are chilled by keeping them in cold water for several minutes. This reduces the temperature of the feet to around 10°C. At the end of the unit, feet are discharged by the ejector on the screw conveyor.
An overflow keeps the water at the correct level. Excess water is discharged via a drain.
- Effective chilling of broiler or duck feet
- Possibility of using ice water and/or adding flake ice
- Non-corrosive materials (mainly stainless steel)
- Connections for blower to agitate the chill water and a drain
- Overflow on the infeed side