The way a bird is plucked is crucially important to its presentation and especially relevant if whole ducks or portions are to be sold fresh and skin on. The plucking action will determine the extent to which the epidermis remains attached.
Marel PMJ can boast its vast experience in plucking, gained worldwide over decades and backed by solid research. Our range of pluckers fits in any plucking situation, is suited for ducks of all weights and copes with all processing speeds.
The adaptable plucking/picking speeds and the adjustable individual beams with varying positioning all support flexible operation. Frequency converters at the breast side strongly contribute to the plucking result.
Marel pluckers are easy to set, easy to operate and easy to clean. They reach unequaled technical and hygienic levels. Maintenance intervals are much longer and costs per processed product are very low.
- User-friendly A-frame design for stability and accessibility
- Machine closed at top to prevent feathers from escaping
- Integral guides to keep birds firmly in shackle during plucking
- Integral feather deflectors
- Double non-slip V-belt drive mechanism with calibrated tensioner
- Ventilated motors and discs
- Triple seal plucker disc bearing housings to prevent feather and water ingress
- Long-life maintenance-free bearings
- Controlled temperature and airflow though the cabinets
- Hygienically optimal layout – easily cleanable