The turkey scalder SAT is an immersion scalder with air-agitated water which uses advanced technologies to save considerable amounts of water and energy.
The scalder prepares the products before deafeathering; the follicles that hold the feathers in position are loosened with hot water. This allows the feathers to be removed more easily during plucking/picking.
Scalding to meet market preferences
When it comes to scalding, it is essential to take into account local market preferences. The customers' wants and needs are decisive in determining how the turkey end product should be presented for sale.
How the turkey looks, its color and visual quality will be largely determined by the scalding process. The turkey scalder ensures optimum heat transfer and precise temperature control, both essential for a first-class scalding system.
The specialized turkey scalder SAT accommodates very large products, up to the largest male turkeys. They combine powerful agitation of the scald water with the ability to keep this water at a constant preset temperature. To do this, the scalder can be equipped with hot water elements or direct steam injection.
A consistently perfect scald will maximize defeathering quality in the plucking/picking stage, resulting in top-class product presentation. The SAT turkey scalder also prevents loss of yield by always achieving a fine appearance which generates the finest quality product presentation.
- Heavy-duty execution, available for the largest male turkeys
- Precise temperature control, allowing for harder or softer scald
- Heating by means of direct steam injection or hot water elements
- Optimal preparation for easy defeathering
- Resulting in the finest quality end products
- Saving up to 50% in power consumption
- 30-40% lower energy consumption for starting up
- Sectional space-saving construction, to fit in anywhere
- Robust construction out of stainless steel
- Designed for optimal access for cleaning and maintenance