For processors who opt for a semi-automatic turkey cut-up line, the Marel cone line is an appropriate solution. This cut-up system is used to divide whole products into pieces of high quality and high yield. Whole wings, (anatomical) legs, fillets (with skin) and other separated products are prepared for further downstream processing.
Cutting turkey into portions on a conveyed cone line
The products to be filleted are placed on the cones line by hand. Each product carrier is transported to the end of the filleting system by means of a chain. Filleting is subdivided in a number of subsequent process steps depending on product and desired type of fillet. Some manual operations may be replaced by mechanized modules.
- Suitable for whole turkey products
- Infeed of products with or without wings
- Easy access for all cuts to be made
- Automatically conveyed products from work station to work station
- Safety provisions to stop the transport system if needed
- Cleaning device at the drive guard
- Ergonomic product carriers, fixed or rotatable
- Variable conveyor speed
- Suitable for turkeys from 4 up to 20 kilos
- Average capacity per person 35 males or 45 females ( 1 person cutting up 1 turkey)