The Marel TargetBatcher is the easy way to reduce giveaway, combining a pre-determined number of fresh or frozen products into a package of exact weight.
With 7 high-accuracy individual scales and 14 holding bins the Target Batcher selects the best combination of products in the fraction of a second.
How It works
The TargetBatcher uses a line of seven weighing scales, onto which products are loaded manually. The exact weight of each product is registered, after which the weighing bin releases the product into one of the 14 memory bins. The TargetBatcher then calculates the best possible combination of the weights in the holding bins, in order to put together a final batch with the exact predetermined target weight.
The batch is released onto the take-away conveyor belt that transports it to the packing station. Here the batch is normally:
- Packed into bags – using a manual bagging station
- Packed into bags – using vertical bagging machines
- Transported away on a conveyor belt for manual packing and styling in trays
- Transported away on a conveyor belt for thermoformer packing
- Automatically loaded onto trays.
- Suitable for fresh, frozen or fragile products
- Overweight or underweight batches are automatically rejected for re-weighing
- Compatible with Innova production software, for a full overview of the packing process