In extended high-capacity lines (10,000+ birds per hour) or in special markets, Marel Washers/Finishers can finalize the plucking process. They remove and wash off loose feathers and other remains, using extra-long plucking fingers and water.
Our Washers/Finishers have been designed to accomplish their tasks highly effectively in order to deliver a meticulously defeathered, clean and hygienic product.
Deciding whether a washer/finisher should be integrated in the process depends on the scalding method before, the cooling method after and the demands from the market.
Hard-scalded products at high temperatures will lose their epidermis. Therefore, they display more loose hanging skin and other remains in the defeathering process. In these cases, a washer/finisher is necessary to get a clean product.
Technologically positioned to meet the biggest challenges, our machines take care of a fluid process flow without any interruptions.
Our Washers/Finishers are extremely user-friendly: Adjustments in height, width and rotation are easy. Hygiene is an important factor during plucking, therefore the machines are easily accessible for cleaning purposes.
- User-friendly A-frame design for stability and accessibility
- Two tilting cabinets with extra-long plucking fingers
- Integrated product dryer
- Integral guides to keep birds firmly in shackle during plucking
- Integral feather deflectors
- Double non-slip hexagonal V-belt drive mechanism with calibrated tensioner
- Ventilated motors and discs
- Triple seal plucker/picker disc bearing housings to prevent feather and water ingress
- Long-life, maintenance-free bearings
- Controlled temperature and air flow through the cabinets